Gilad M. Jaffe, MD
Gilad M. Jaffe, MD
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Jaffe received his medical degree from the University of Buffalo, School of Medicine and then completed internship and Residency at Stanford University Medical Center. He then went on to complete his fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center. He has particular interest in venous thromboembolism (Deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism), general pulmonary disease, and a range of critical care areas.
Degrees and Education:
- BA University of California, Berkeley: Berkeley, CA 2007-2011
- MD University of Buffalo, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences: Buffalo, NY 2012-2016
Internship and Residency:
- Stanford University School of Medicine: Palo Alto, CA 2016-2019
*Position: Internal Medicine Resident
- University of California, Los Angeles: Los Angeles, CA 2019-2022
- American Board of Internal Medicine- Critical Care Board Eligible
- American Board of Internal Medicine- Pulmonary Disease, 12/2021
- American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine, 9/2019
Jaffe G, Vuong J, Kamangar N, Saggar R. Subacute Dyspnea in a Young Woman with Newly Metastatic Breast Cancer. Annals of the American Thoracic Society. 2021 Oct; 19(2): 315-319.
Hornstein N, Jaffe G, Chuang K, Betancourt J, Soo Hoo G. The Natural History of a Patient with COVID-19 Pneumonia and Silent Hypoxemia. Fed Pract. 2021 Apr; 38(4):184-189. PMID: 34177223.
Jaffe G, Gray Z, Krishnan G, Stedman M, Zheng Y, Han Jialin, Chertow GM, Leppert JT, and Bhalla V. Screening Rates for Primary Aldosteronism in Resistant Hypertension: A Cohort Study. Hypertension. 2020 Feb 3; 75(3):650-659. PMID: 32008436.
Birdwell KA, Jaffe G, Bian A, Wu P, Ikizler T. Assessment of arterial stiffness using pulse wave velocity in tacrolimus users the first-year post kidney transplantation: A Prospective Cohort Study. BMC Nephrol. 2015 July; 16(1): 1-7. PMID: 26133166.
- The Editors. Hypertension Editors’ Picks. Hyperaldosteronism. Hypertension. 2021; 77(2):e17-e28.
- Primary Aldosteronism Screening-Missing in Action. Clinical laboratory news. CLN Stat. Published online May 7, 2020.
- Krumholz H. Summary and Comment: Screening for Primary Aldosteronism is Rare. Reviewing Jaffe G et al. Hypertension 2020 Mar. NEJM Journal Watch. Published Online March 2020.
California Research Forum on Lung Health: Third Place Award | Trudeau Society 4/2021
Summa Cum Laude | University at Buffalo, School of Medicine 6/2016
Stephen J. Paolini Award| University at Buffalo, School of Medicine 6/2016.
-Awarded for dedication and compassion in patient care
Merck Academic Excellence Award| University at Buffalo, School of Medicine 6/2016
Dr. Louis Sklarow/Maimonides Medical Society Award| University at Buffalo, School of Medicine 3/2016
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society Member| University at Buffalo, School of Medicine 3/2015
Dean’s Letter of Commendation | University at Buffalo, School of Medicine 2013, 2014, 2015